Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When are you grouchy?

Here is a story about me being grouchy. We were riding in the car when I asked my mom if I could have a dog. She said, "wait." For weeks I kept asking and then I asked again. We had a little talk about bugging people and she said, "no to getting a dog right now." I was mad and grouchy. I walked slowly and talked quietly. Soon my mom said, "go to your room." I left and played nintendo. After a while I cooled off. I said to myself, "that is so silly to be grouchy!" I got up and left my room. ---written by A

One day I went to my friends house for a sleepover. We ate pizza and drank root beer. We swam in his pool. After swimming we came inside and watched batman and played video games. We also played on the computer. We also stayed up all night long. When it was morning we were all lazy, tired, and grouchy. -----written by E

When do I get grouchy? My grouchiness revolves around sleep. I get grouchy when I am awakened earlier than I want. Having a good nap interrupted can make me grouchy. The worst is when I don't get enough sleep the night before. It is during those times that the smallest, most insignificant things can set me off, such as: toilets not being flushed, cupboard doors being left open and having to repeat myself over again. Unfortunately it is my wonderful children who suffer since they are with me most of the time. (they don't seem so wonderful when I'm grouchy though) I realize this is a problem I have and has nothing to do with my children. Through the years I've trained my body to stay up late at night and sleep in. I've even been able to train my children to do the same. Not really something to brag about. I've realized that it is a bad habit and nothing good comes of it. I would accomplish so much more if I woke before the children in the morning. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise and not grouchy. I want to be that healthy, wealthy and wise person. I look forward to any ideas or suggestions of how I can make myself a morning person and keep the grouchiness away.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i get crabby when i don't get enough sleep, too. just ask uncle kevin.

NWoF Guild



NWoF Guild