For Halloween both "A" and "E" were given a writing assignment. They were given a character (a witch) and she had a problem (her broom is broken). Their job was to tell us a story concerning this character. I thought they would write two different stories but as it turned out, they were thinking along the same lines and decided to write the same story from different perspectives. I've never seen them get so excited for a writing assignment. They were laughing at the images they created in their minds. The result of their creative juices follows:
Crash! Boing! Kaboom! Star Toad crashed into a tree and fell onto the ground. Snap! Oh No! Her sister, Lilly Toads broom broke. Star knew she should not have tried to fly but she wanted to act big and grown up like her sister. In three hours her sister would be home. As fast as a vampire, her blonde hair flowing behind her, she ran to the garden. Placing the broom under a few branches and leaves, she went inside for some reading and playing with her cat, Casper. Star heard Lilly and ran up and hugged her. Star asked Lilly how her day was.
Lily replied, "It was great. I can't wait 'cause in three days I'm going to fly my broom and scare little kids". Star winced at the thought of the broom. "Do you really need the broom"? Lilly looked at her and responded, "Of course I do. Why?"
"Well, I tried to ride your broom but I crashed and it broke in two".
"Show me where it is".
"Okay".
Lilly saw the broom. "I can't fix it", she said, "but... wait.... I can make an opening to take you to wizard town. I'll hold open the vortex and oh, here's some money to buy a new broom, and so I'll hold it open and you'll go through it. Okay?"
"Okay, Where do I go? Oh Yeah, um, um, go to Broom Broom, alright".
Lilly stepped in the vortex and was whisked away. In two seconds she was in wizard town. New sights and sounds were all around her. She asked several people where Broom Broom was. They all said to go left, left, and then right. So she went straight then left, then another left, and finally right. It took her to a bubble shop. Slowly an old man came out, "What do you want?" Mustering her courage she said, "I'm lost and scared. I need to find Broom Broom."
"Oh, Go left, left, right, turn."
"I did, it brought me here."
"Oh No, You don't do it with your feet."
"Ohhhh".
So Star stomped her left foot twice and right foot once and turned around. In a flash she was going but as she left she heard the man say, "Wait, the spell back is......". She was gone, a store was there and it read Broom Broom. She went in and bought the best broom. She then walked and walked but could not find her way.
Written by "A"
___________________________________________________________________
Lilly was at school. She was learning a new spell. Lilly's mom was at the Spooky Market buying bat wings, mummy skins, ghost vapors, and dragon scales. Lilly finished spell casting class and was going to herbology. In two hours she would be home. In herbology she learned about a plant called Fire Lily. If you eat it you'll have a fire power.
Lilly walked the two blocks home and saw Star reading a book. Lilly said, "I'm home". She heard Star running towards her and hugged her. Star asked Lilly, "How was school". Lilly said, "Great! I can't wait because in three days I'm going to fly my broom and scare little kids on Halloween". Star made a funny face.
"Do you really need the broom"?
"Of course, Why?"
"Because I tried to ride the broom and it broke in two."
"Where is it?"
Star showed Lilly the broken broom. "I can't fix it", said Lilly, "but I know a spell that will lead you to the shop."
"What shop?"
"The broom shop"
"What broom shop?"
"Broom Broom Shop."
"Okay", said Star.
Lilly made a vortex, Star walked through. "I hope she will be alright," said Lilly. Lilly was tired of holding the vortex open. She was hungry and tired. It had been two days and no sign of Star. Lilly was getting worried. Lilly was starting to fall asleep when Star came back.
Written by "E"
__________________________________________________________________
How did Star make it back? I'm told that is found in chapter two and I'll have to wait to read it.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment